Friday, December 31, 2010

Last post of 2010

In a few hours we will be ringing in a new year - 2011. I am not quite sure we will see the stroke of midnight, but I can say I saw 12noon. We're laying low tonight, staying home with the kids, cooking gumbo and maybe playing a mad game of Candy Land. I know those of you going to big parties are really jealous!
2010 has been a good year. We've laughed a lot, cried a little, and made lots of memories. I was trying to think of what I remember most from 2010. Our trip to the Frio with the Maurer family stands out as does Caleb's obsession with cowboys. A big highlight would have to be Austin's first father/son hunting trip with Wes as well as Uncle Jason's new pool and our all access pass to visit. I can't forget our trip to San Antonio and the massive downpour that rearranged our itenerary and allowed us to have a semiexclusive trip to the zoo.
As for 2011 - bring it on. I'm ready for the new year... ready for new exciting adventures for the Maurer Party of Five. Our trip to Disney this spring is sure to be a highlight. A&A will enter Kindergarten in the fall-real school... don't even want to think about that! I'll be sure to keep those updated on anything news worthy.
Happy New Year!!!

No comments: