Sunday, August 14, 2011

No longer babies....

5 years ago today, I had just been admitted into the hospital and Wes and I were both on the phone calling everyone that needed to be contacted to let them know that when we returned home, we would be a family of 4.  It wasn't quite what we were planning that day!  I won't bore you all with the details, but Austin and Avery weren't quite ready to be born on the August 14th so we had a long night of waiting and they made their arrival on August 15th, 2006, a little after 5am. 
What an amazing journey it has been these first 5 years!  I remember the anxiety of bringing them home from the hospital and having our world turn upside down over night.  It was amazing, exhausting, exciting and overwhelming all at the same time.  I can't imagine having it any other way.  I can't believe that when they wake up tomorrow morning they will be able to say that they are 5 years old.  Happy early Birthday, Avery & Austin!!!  We love you.

No comments: