Saturday, November 2, 2013

Around here....

It's opening morning of deer season and our hunter is in Mason doing what he loves to do in the deer stand.  Next week the boys get to tag along and see if they can shoot the big one.  Though I still haven't caught the deer hunting bug, I have learned to appreciate the love and excitement it brings to so many of our friends and family.
In the 1st weekend in who knows how long, we have nothing on the agenda.  No games, no birthday parties, nothing that requires us to leave the house.   The kids and I slept until 8:30am.  What a treat!  Of course that means I need to catch up on things around the house and maybe even plan a few things for the next few weeks.
My life has somewhat settled down a bit as I'm ten weeks into my new teaching/coaching gig and as of last Friday, my volleyball coaching is done.  That frees my afternoons after school and with a 7th period conference period, I can pick the kids up in carline after school instead of them riding the bus to me at high school and get home to start homework and pack soccer bags.  I know things will pick back up in January once softball starts, but for now, I'm going to truly enjoy the down time and now more than ever, I'm looking forward to the holidays!
Maurer Party of 5 blog posts aren't near as regular as they use to be, but we'll try to keep you posted on what all we have going on whenver we get the chance.


No comments: