Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Random things to note....

Though these aren't earth shattering events, I thought I'd list a few things going on with the kids....
- about 2 weeks ago, Avery & Austin transitioned into a high back booster car seat. It's not quite as easy as I was hoping, but they were so excited to get to be in a "booster" and Caleb loves Austin's old Britax seat. He really loves that he gets to ride next to the window and not in the middle anymore.
- Avery is loving dance. Every Tuesday she reminds me that we need to send her dance bag to school. Recital time is late May!
- Caleb is still loving everything cowboy, but he isn't as insistent on putting on full cowboy gear when he gets home from school (Thank goodness!) It was pretty easy for him to decide a theme for his birthday party!
- Austin is still our soft hearted big brother. The other day I had 4 small cookies that a coworker had given me and I saved them for when I picked up Austin and Avery. Caleb was sick that day so I planned to give A&A 2 cookies a piece when I picked them up from school. As we got closer to home, I noticed Austin still had a cookie in his hand. When I asked him if he was going to eat it he said he was saving it for his Caleb because he wanted Caleb to have one too.
- Mornings are so much more manageable than a year ago. The kids can dress themselves and most mornings we are able to have a warm breakfast opposed to sugary granola bars on the go. Avery and I even seem to agree most days on what she will wear to school. She doesn't seem quite so picky or maybe I just know not to put something in front of her that I know she won't wear. I don't do those battles too often anymore.
- Wes and I are days away from our 9 yr anniversary. NINE years!!!! Whoa!

No comments: