Monday, July 29, 2013

Coach Maurer

Don't worry.... Maurer Party of Five has not fallen off the face of the earth, we've just been a little busy and the primary blogger of the family has had a lot going on and this blog has been pushed to the bottom of the to-do list.  BUT... it's time to get back on track and fill in any followers out there  with what is going on.
I'm making a career change.  Yep, after 10 years with the recreation department at the City of Brenham, I'm heading to the teaching/coaching world.  I am the new head softball coach at Brenham ISD and with that title, I'll be teaching biology and helping with the freshman volleyball team.  The whole sequence of events to get to this point is quite a story, but I don't want to lose all the readers in the details.  In the course of about a week, I was asked to consider the job, weighed all the ups and downs of the career move, had heart to heart talks with Wes and family, talked to other coaches,  lost a lot of sleep and stressed about the opportunity in front of me.  If the decision just involved me, I would have said "yes" in a heart beat, but I have 4 other very important people in my life that will be affected.  After a 3 hour interview, a final decision had to be made and I had to go with what was in my heart.  I am now "Coach Maurer". 
I'm excited about the opportuinites this will bring and excited to be back where I spent so much time growing up, on the softball field.  Everyone has reminded me that softball will only be a very short part of this new role.  I have to complete my teachers certification, get comfortable in the classroom, get the kids and myself to school by 7:45am (ahhh!!), assist with volleyball, deal with parents, discipline kids and make sure I am the very best wife and mom I can possibly be.  Pray for me this first year.  I'm going in with the thought that this will be the hardest year, but it can only go downhill from there!
Stay tuned....

No comments: