Saturday, January 25, 2014

New routine

We are about to be full swing into high school softball season and with my new role as head coach, that means I spend a lot of my time at the field with the team.  My emotions swing so many different ways throughout the course of one day.  I'm, exhausted, excited, overwhelmed, frustrated and that is usually all before noon.  My biggest challenge is trying to balance everything.  I want to be a great teacher in the classroom, live up to expectations as a coach, and be the wife and mom my family deserves and that is not an easy feat.  In fact, it's pretty much impossible.  I'm learning to focus on those things I'm good at, delegate other tasks and let the rest go.  It's a major work in progress....

After school, I now go straight to practice so I can no longer pick the kids up from school.  Wes and I looked into different options for after school care and in the end, Wes made a pretty huge sacrifice.  Wes has worked 4 10-hour days for years now and it's something he really likes about his job.  It gives him a 3-day weekend and Fridays off to get a lot of outside chores and projects done around the house.  If you know Wes, you know he's always got a new project in mind.  Well, for the next few months Wes is working a "regular" schedule of 5 8-hour days.  That means no more Fridays off and since he gets to work at 6:30am, he leaves at 3pm and can get back into Brenham to pick the kids up after school.  Hopefully this works out ok for all of us and doesn't give him too many gray hairs.  When the weather gets warmer, the kids can come hang out at the fields with me more and as soon as season is over, he'll go back to the 4-day work week.  This is  just another example of how awesome he really is!!!

No comments: