Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Random ramblings

Maybe if I post about rain, we will get rain? I feel like we are in a bubble - a thick, rain resistant bubble. I'm tired of the dry and the dust. The wind isn't helping either. We need rain!...... Wes ran tonight. This may seem like a minor event for some, but I can't recall the last time Wes ran. Wait, yes I can, it was at Town Lake in Austin, quite possibly before we got married - that would be 9 yrs ago! We are making the Blue Bell Fun Run a family even this weekend and he decided he should probably lace up his tennis shoes and give it a try - 3 days before run. He was hardly panting when he got back. He's doing the 5K. I'm doing the 10K. Glad we're not doing the same because he'd smoke me...... This week is "T" week at school for Avery & Austin. They were excited to take their "tadpole farm" to show the class. We've watched one go from tadpole to frog... it's been pretty cool..... Caleb seems to be out of his demand to wear cowboy boots and jeans everyday. Hallelujah! He can still be pretty picky about what he wears. He's worse than Avery right now. It is crazy how much those two are alike....... I am very thankful for elementary art teachers. After projects that involved paint and glitter, I have realized I should leave those items to the school art room.... for my sanity..... The #1 song request in the car right now? "Best of Both Worlds" - Miley Cyrus. It was part of a birthday favor CD and the kids love it. They know the words better than I do. They know the name Miley Cyrus but are clueless as to who she is.... I plan to keep it that way...... Favorite tv show? Austin's request is "Wipe Out". He's only seen it twice, but always asks if it's on. The tv is usually on in the afternoons, but we are rarely actually watching.... well, except for on Tuesday when I must watch Biggest Loser.....

No comments: