Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Parent/Teacher conference - Caleb

At the ripe old age of 2, we are already having parent/teacher conferences. No need to fear, this was a scheduled conference, not a "your child is a real terror, we need to talk" conference. Actually I love to have the time to sit and talk to the teachers without 10 other kids running around in the room.
So I met with Ms. Becky today to talk about Caleb's progress as a Frisky Frog. I'll spare you the boring parts, but one thing I found interesting is that when playing inside, Caleb tends to hang around the teachers. They often times have to tell him to "go play". I have been told the same thing about Avery. It really is eerie to see how alike those two are. Now when the class is outside, Caleb is off and running and could care less where the teachers are at. His vocabulary is very extensive for his age and he holds well thought out conversations. As she is telling me this, I am quickly reminded that he is only 2, but so often we think of him as 4. Overall he is doing great and off to a good start! Unless she was keeping some things from me, it is obvious that some of his behaviors at home have not carried over to school. Thank goodness!
As I drove up the drive after work today, I was met by my kids - the hunter, the cowboy and the gymnast. Wes had picked them up and they chose to change as soon as they got home. Have I mentioned that this drives me crazy??

No comments: