Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 is now a thing of the past and we have great memories, but very few pictures to show for it. Thursday we made it to Rockdale for Thanksgining lunch w/ my grandpa's extended family and then we came home to watch the UT game. No need to discuss that outcome. Friday Uncle Steve & Aunt Candice picked up the kids to take them to lunch and then to see the Disney movie "Tangled" and then we all had supper back at our house with my parents. Saturday was Christmas decorating time and then supper at Mimi's for Maurer Thanksgiving. Despite Avery being a bit under the weather, Thanksgiving 2010 was fantastic. We saw most of our family and were able to make a few special memories.
This year Maurer Thanksgiving was missing a special person as Granny Maurer has been in ICU in College Station. She's had a pretty tough battle to fight these last few weeks, but now it looks as though she is one the mend. She has a slow recovery ahead of her. She could use a few extra prayers.
Now we move into the Christmas season and I can already tell it is going to be an absolute blast with the kids. We have been singing Christmas songs for 2 weeks already. I will be Rudolfed out by Christmas. We have 4 trees up -1 in Avery's room, 1 in the boys room, 1 in the play room, and the main tree in the living room- and I just realized I have one more in a box in the attic. Not sure if it will come down or not. Wesely would prefer it stay put. I am behind on Christmas shopping. I have yet to do the whole Black Friday thing.... that would mean I'd have to know what to buy already. Happy Holidays!

No comments: