Sunday, February 20, 2011

A letter to Caleb

Caleb-
I remember it like it was yesterday, your dad and Popo were outside watching Avery & Austin play and thanks to modern technology and a "hunch", I found out I was expecting another baby. I was in shock.... without going into detail, you were a major SURPRISE!!! I wanted nothing more than for your Popo to leave so that I could share the news with your dad. He was a bit shocked himself when I told him, but from the very beginning he was very excited. He never seemed to question how we would handle having 3 kids under the age of 2. I on the other hand was scared to death! Your brother and sister were 9 months old at the time and they were more than a handful and we were going to be adding one more.

You were a great baby. There was no staying home and sleeping all day for you those first few weeks. We were in the process of building a house and you and I made many trips to Lowes, Home Depot, and Fisher Tile. Knowing that you were on a schedule sometimes helped me make quick decisions that otherwise may have taken me hours. You got to sleep in our room your first few months which I wasn't use to, but you were a pretty good sleeper... thank goodness.
Here we are 3 years later and I can't imagine life without you. You have added a lot of character to our world! You are full of life and keep us laughing. Your random outbreaks and nonstop talking can make the worst day brighter. It is often times hard to set you apart from your brother and sister as you try to keep up with them day in and day out, and I might add that you do a pretty good job of it.
Happy 3rd Birthday Caleb. I love you!

1 comment:

The Schramm Clan said...

so sweet Jamie! Love you Caleb Wesely