Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekend highlights....

-  Austin was picked to throw out the first pitch at the Blinn Baseball game for Little League day.  He cried when Wes first asked him if he wanted to do it.  I think he thought he was going to have to actually throw in a game.  Once he realized what was going on, he headed out on the field like a champ.
-  We now have a front walkway to our house.  After a large load of rock (I have to note, that I hate spending money on things like rock!?!) and a few hours of Wes on the tractor, we have an official walkway to our front door.  What can I say, we are casual people and prefer backdoor visitors, but at least now there is the option.  
-  Kelcie texted and asked if she could take the kids to the movies.  Of course she didn't have to ask twice.  The kids went with her to see "Chimpanzee" and I got a few cleaning things done around the house and then enjoyed a little outdoor vitamin D.
-  We visited my college alma mater, Houston Baptist University, for the first time since the kids were born.  They were having alumni day for the softball team and having a special ceremony after the game for a former player.  I barely knew the player as she played several years before I did, but I knew of the unthinkable story that she and her family went through roughly two years ago.  In her honor, they retired her jersey #6, the first time a number has been retired in HBU sports history.  I was proud to be a part of the day and it was great to see some of the girls that I spent countless hours with on and off the field.  
-  After visiting HBU we did a little family shopping and dined at "Rainforest Cafe".  It was a fun experience for the kids but I was so disappointed in the food.  We obviously paid for the atmosphere.
-  I was not disappointed in our fresh potatoes from the garden... Sunday night we had our first garden sample.  Delish!  Can't wait for the rest of the veggies to be ready.

1 comment:

The Schramm Clan said...

sounds fun...and ditto on the food at Rainforest:(