Tuesday, October 30, 2012

As political as we get...

Truth is, politics just aren't my thing and in all the time we've been together, I can't say I've ever seen Wes get too passionate about an election or individual candidate.  We don't talk politics at home and televised debates go unwatched, though I will usually read a brief recap on a biased website the day after.  We're not totally oblivious to election events, we just don't get too warpped up in them.

So, on the way to school today we had the car radio on and the radio announcer mentioned the name "Obama".  The conversation continued something like this:

Caleb: "Obama?  Who is that?  Is he the good one or the bad one?"
Me:  "What?  You mean President Obama?"
Caleb:  "Yeah.  I think he is the bad one.  Who is the other one?"
Me:  "Romney?"
Austin: " Yeah, he's the one that makes more jobs."
Me:  "Who? Romney makes more jobs?"
Austin:  "Yeah.  Obama justs makes us all have to pay more money."
Me:  "Who did you hear this from?
Caleb:  "Popo."

All I could do was laugh.  We then went into a short discussion about the importance of voting and making your vote count.  It made for an interesting and enlightening trip to school. 

I will be voting next Tuesday, hope you will too if you haven't already.

No comments: