Friday, May 10, 2013

Loving NOW...

During one of my random thinking sessions, I was thinking about how good things are NOW.  If I could, I'd freeze time and have us all stay at this age for a few years. Though not everyday is rainbows and sunshine, life is good.  At the ages of 5 & 6, the kids are independent - they can dress themselves, brush their own teeth, grab their own snacks, and put their clothes in the hamper (though that doesn't always happen!).  They are also dependent - I still monitor what gets packed in lunches, they still want story time and their backs rubbed at bed time, and I'm still needed to grab things off the top shelf.  Sports are fun, not competitive.  There's no friend drama, no boyfriends/girlfriends, no bullies.  Activities are manageable. There's no resistance to go to school.  A task can be rewarded with a quarter, no questions asked.  I know with each age there will be ups and downs.  Just seems right now we've got a good thing going....

No comments: