Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gingerbread houses

Austin's house


Caleb's house
Avery's house










No Christmas season can pass without the infamous gingerbread house.... even with 3 toddlers. I must say that this was more Wes's idea than mine. When he mentioned it, I cringed. The thought of kids, construction, candy and icing made my stomach turn. I assumed my kitchen would be left a disaster and the kids would consume more candy than than what wound up on the houses. Well, it went better than I thought. After the Cub football game, we had the kids get in their jammies and then we all spent a little time in the kitchen building and decorating gingerbread houses. Overall the decorating went pretty well and as far as how much candy they ate... let's just say we brushed teeth right away.

No comments: