Monday, February 1, 2010

Eight and counting...

Eight years ago (2-2-02), I woke up Jamie Kemper and went to bed Jamie Maurer. Really, eight years ago??? At times it seems like decades ago and then other times it feels like just yesterday that we said "I do". There are bits and pieces of the big day that I remember vividly and others that I remember mainly through pictures. Avery loves to look through picture albums, especially the ones of "mommy in her pretty white dress". I love to relive the memories yet at the same time kick myself for some of the decisions I made. My bridesmaid dresses, really.... what was I thinking? Did I really have to make my bridemaids wrap all those trees in lights? Was the 2 ton water fountain really worth it? The clean up crew would say "NO!" One thing I don't question is the man I married. I got a good one!

Yes, Wes and I are a match made in heaven. Ummmmm, that may be stretching it a bit. Truth is there are many ways that we are so different. Maybe there is something to the whole saying "opposites attract." There have been times where I question how we ever managed to get to this point in our lives then there are others where I know that we were made for each other. We have managed to make it through some challenging times including 4 1/2 years of long distance college dating, living apart a few days at a time when we were transitioning from our move back from Austin, building a house and of course having 3 children in less than 2 years. These days there are days that go by where I feel like we don't "talk" to each other. Yes, we "talk" - " what do you want for supper? Can you pick the kids up? We got another birthday invitation. Tuition is due next week - Ramen noodles this week. What do you need from the store?" Then it's days like our anniversary where we step back, focus on just the two of us and realize what a good thing we've got going.

So, to my husband of EIGHT years. Happy Anniversay. I love you.

4 comments:

October Smith said...

oh my gosh! I can't believe it has been 8 years! I remember how beautiful your wedding was, and I was just telling a friend who is getting married this summer about those trees with lights. But I must have been huge prego 'cause Syd was born a month later! Happy anniversary!

Unknown said...

You two are the perfect couple and compliment each other well! Happy Anniversary to you and Wes!

The Ehlerts said...

That's awesome! I love this post! Happy anniversary to you both!

The Schramm Clan said...

I loved reading your entry.....it is amazing and I wish you the best anniversary ever!