Thursday, May 19, 2011

Say it ain't so...

Today was the last day of the school year. A&A came home with "diplomas" stating that they had graduated from Ocean Treasure Pre-K. Graduating from Pre-K doesn't hit me as hard as the thought of them being in Kindergarten next year. That is like real school, not sure I am ready for all that.
When I picked the kids up from school today, one of the teacher aides told me that Caleb cried today, his last day as a Frisky Frog. He walked up to her and just laid his head in her lap. When she asked him what was wrong, he said "I love you Ms Carima" and had tears in his eyes. Now tell me that is not a little boy after a teachers heart!
Tonight we had St. Paul's end of the year picnic at the park. The kids had a blast playing with their friends outside of school. We are so blessed to have such an awesome place to send our kids. The staff is beyond wonderful and I am at peace everyday when I drop them off.
Now we move into summer mode. This is the time of year that I get teacher-envy. I play out what it would take for me to be a teacher and think about having summers off to be with them and not have them have to go to St. Pauls. This usually continues through July, peaks about mid-June. By August the thought has worn off and I am once again content with working full time year round. I guess this isn't the ideal time to get into teaching and truth is I am very fortunate to have the job I have. It will continue to work for us until we win the lottery.

1 comment:

October Smith said...

bwahaha! Teacher envy! :) Yep...me too! So next year it looks like the kids will stay home with me and as I work, so with they. (homeschool...here we come!)