Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am thankful....

so here goes this year's list....

I am thankful for.....
rain, the fact that our children have not had to visit a doctor in over a year, my future niece/nephew, the wrinkle-release cycle on the dryer, Austin's brown eyes, waking up to the Texas coast on beach trips w/ the Kemper clan, drive thru dinner fundraisers, Brenham, TX, wine, St. Paul's CDS and their Christian educational influence, online shopping, "Bridesmaids" with my forever friends, brave soldiers, children that sleep past 7am on Saturday mornings, Wes's problem solving, Caleb's nonstop chatter,  ice cold diet coke, the Texas Longhorn fight song, community leaders with a clear vision, the piles of colored sheets from our children, Avery's desire to read, the "snooze" button, Sunday's where every hymn is familiar, forgiveness, the ability to watch jack rabbits and deer wander around from my bedroom window, mornings Wes is home to help get us out of the house for work/school, random "I love you's", trips to Uncle Jason's, pizza nights, devoted grandparents, caring teachers,  my dad's recovery from prostate cancer surgery, hearing the kids belt out "Footloose" on the way to school, watching Austin & Avery score a soccer goal, "gold" star days, quiet time, God's love, bedtime stories, and so much more. 
I am most thankful for this... my family.  I have been blessed with three amazing children and a husband that loves me.  I wish everyone reading this a Happy Thanksgiving!  Hope you are able to spend it with the ones you love the most.

No comments: