Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend recap

I find it interesting that our social calendar on the first weekend in November is usually pretty light.  No bday party invites, no family dinners, no community events and in this part of the country I feel I can pretty much contribute that to opening weekend of deer season.  Our hunter headed  to the hill country on Friday and will be out until Monday.  With Wes gone for a whole weekend, I usually try to do something with the kids that takes us out of town or pawn the kids off  for a few hours so I get a bit of a break, but this weekend it was just the 4 of us the whole time, except for about an hour.  We watched the last home Cub game, visited with Granny Maurer in the nursing home, visited with Jack at Toppe's, ate out with Mimi and Popo and enjoyed an evening out at the Brazos Valley Corn Maize.  In addition, I got a was able to move some furniture around and follow through on a few decorating ideas while the kids entertained themselves playing school in Avery's room.  All in all we managed to all get along, minus a few time out situations and my patience stayed around most of the weekend.  Whoo hoo!  We're ready to see our hunter and will have him around just a few days before he leaves again, this time with Austin in tow.

No comments: