Tuesday, October 21, 2008

On a more serious note....

I read this story on the CNN website the other day and it has stuck with me ever since. It was about a woman on Oprah who tried to be "supermom" and wound up leaving her daughter in her car on a hot August day. It brought tears to my eyes as I read it and it was very surreal. No, I don't regulary forget my kids in the car, nor do I intend to, but I do understand the feeling of being overwhelmed with everything going on in life and trying to stay ahead of the game and be prepared for whatever the day may bring. It's not easy and can be very overwhelming and draining. I'm not telling most of you anything new, but I guess this is my reminder to all of you raising little ones to remember what is important. "Life's too short to sweat the small stuff."

Here's the link to the story: http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/20080902_tows_moms/1

No comments: