Thursday, July 2, 2009

"my" songs

I have sacrificed many things for my children and will no doubt make many more in the years to come. One of those sacrifices is a quiet ride into work listening to mainstream radio for "my" songs, children's songs that must remain at a high volume until we meet our destination. I have several children's CD's that have made their way into the car and I admit that I am the one who got my children hooked. I enjoyed them.... at first. There are mornings where I put on the radio first thing, but before we are down the drive way, Avery usually yells "I wanna listen to my songs, mamma". My songs include everything from "I'm a Little Teapot" to "She'll be Comin' Round the Mountain" to "Peace Like a River". We got a new CD from Bible school with all new songs and that was a nice break for a while, but now they only want to listen to a few certain songs and they want to hear them over and over and over.... I must admit the sound of children singing is like that of no other, but not sure I enjoy it every minute I am in the car.

No comments: