Friday, March 2, 2012

Meet Jack Elliott!!

 Jack Elliott Kemper, born 2-29-2012 (Leap Year Baby!), 8lbs 5oz, 
 Look at all that hair!
 I love this little man!!
Mom and baby ready to go home from the hospital.

I am an aunt! Wes is an uncle!  A&A&C have a cousin!  Jack Elliott decided he didn't want to wait until his March 8th due date, but instead wanted to bust into this world as a Leap Year baby.  Around 4:30am Wednesday morning both Wes and I received a message from Steven saying they were in at the hospital and a niece/nephew would likely arrive that day.  Toppe and Grandpa made their way to the hospital and we texted all morning with updates.  Just before 2pm the big news came.. it was a boy!!  
Ironically I had a conference in The Woodlands Wed - Fri so I was able to see Jack on his bday.  Looking at his little cheeks for the first time, I knew it was love at first sight!.  It's been 4 years since someone that small tugged at my heart strings.  This little man is adorable and as I held him in my arms I was quickly reminded of the amount of love that can be felt for a newborn.  Everything about him is just right!  
Wes brought the kids up to The Woodlands on Thursday to meet their new cousin for the first time.  Avery was anxious to hold him for the first time.  Austin thought he was pretty cool, and enjoyed holding his pacifier in place.  Caleb wasn't quite too sure of the whole thing and he really didn't like when it got close to eating time and Jack wailed to let us all know it.  
Congrats Steven & Candice on your new family addition.  Jack is a keeper!!!

No comments: