Friday, August 14, 2009

3 years ago....

Austin James Maurer

Avery Grace Maurer


I LOVE this picture. One of my favorites of all time. In the hospital, the nurses new them by Baby A(Austin) and Baby B(Avery).






At this time 3 years ago, we were in a hospital room awaiting the arrival of our twins. I had worked until noon and then met Wes at home so we could drive to College Station for a doctor's appt. I was 36 weeks along and feeling pretty good for a pregnant woman with twins in the middle of a hot Texas summer. We had every intention of coming back home after the appointment since I didn't have any obvious signs of going into labor, but just before we left I asked Wes if he thought I should pack up a bag to take along. He said "Whatever you think". I packed it up and good thing because at my appt, Doctor Smith thought things were in my favor to have the twins that day, or the next as the case turned out. Our lives changed overnight!

No comments: