Thursday, December 23, 2010

Maurer/Kemper girls night out

Toppe and Mimi are both diffficult to buy for when it comes to Christmas presents so instead of buying something they may or may not want, I decided we would treat them to a girls night out. I got tickets to the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at the Bass Concert Hall in Austin and we planned an evening of fun for just the girls. Avery was so excited to get to go along and I knew she would be amazed by the show. We had dinner at Vivo's, a fresh tex-mex treat. Avery got her own big girl drink adorned with a hibiscus flower and to top off our dinner we all got roses. The show was as expected - spectacular. One of the very best parts was the live nativity at the end of the show. After seeing all the dancing, kicking, singing, vibrant costumes, and lavish backdrops it once again brought us all back to the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of our Savior.
I do feel so blessed that we can do these kinds of things together. Mimi and Toppe are amazing ladies I have a feeling I have started a new tradition!