Sunday, December 5, 2010

Santa pics

I just went back and read my posts from Dec 2009. The one I posted about Santa pictures was titled "1 for 3" and the last words in the post were "maybe next year". I feel like I could cut and paste that entire post again. Once again we were 1 for 3 w/ Santa. Austin sat on his lap, no problem. He made sure to let Santa know he wanted a bb gun for Christmas. Caleb was hesitant and never really shed a tear until he was right next to Santa. Avery was like a leach on us the minute we walked through the door into the store and wanted absolutely nothing to do with the white bearded man in the red suit. Wes tried to bribe everyone with ice cream sandwiches earlier in the day and that just wasn't enough for Avery and Caleb. After trying our best, Santa had to "use the restroom" and left (hid behind a Christmas tree). All 3 kids then got to sit in Santa's chair and once Scott (photographer) had their full attention, Santa peeked back into the picture for a quick shot. This is the second year we've had to rely on this method and you could see that Avery remembered. She was still hesitant and looking behind her when in the chair.... she knew Santa was near.
I'll try this again.... Maybe next year.

One quick side note that I forgot to add the first time I posted this: Austin was the only one to get an ice cream sandwich and boy was he proud!

No comments: