Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pictures with Santa... maybe next year.


This pictures shows exactly how excited everyone was about Santa pics!

We had pictures with Santa tonight. The past 2 weeks we've been talking about the big guy in the red coat with the white beard. At random times Austin will say "I no like Santa." Then we tell him that Santa brings him presents and his quick response is "I like Santa." So tonight we didn't really know what to expect. I knew in the back of my mind that we'd have at least one crier, but wasn't quite sure who it would be. Caleb was a champ. I think the white beard mesmerized him. Austin would have nothing to do with the man in the red suit, but he at least sat on the stuffed reindeer standing right next to him. We attempted to put Avery on the stuffed bear on the other side, but she would have nothing to do with it. She cried.. and cried... and cried. We finally convinced her to go on the other side with Austin and stand next to the deer. I think we got a half way decent shot, but by that time Avery's eyes were glassy and her face was red from crying. I was going to attempt a picture myself, but never had the chance. Maybe we'll do better next year.....

After the pictures, the kids didn't forget that we promised them pizza if they took pics with Santa. Guess we should have specified they had to smile for the camera. Oh well, we enjoyed the night out, but as expected we are exhausted....

No comments: