Monday, December 19, 2011

Daddy Day....

I admit that when it comes to vacation time at work, I am bitter.  I still only get two weeks (10 days) a year and I try to save that for summer vacations and special events.  That means no Christmas vaca for me outside of the two days that are observed.  So the fact that Wes had time he had to burn this week on top of his usual Friday's off makes me green with envy.  Originally, Wes was going to take the boys to the deer lease today and come back Wednesday, but it's been raining up in Mason so he decided to wait and go tomorrow (Tuesday).  Instead, he treated the kids to a day of fun.  I headed to work and they headed to Katy Mills for some Christmas shopping, something I don't think I'd attempt by myself.  He sent me pics of their excitement throughout the day which included pics with Santa, the fish aquarium, Avery getting her ears repierced and jumping on the bungee trampolines.  Yes, he is an awesome hands on dad!  Though I love my dad to pieces, I doubt he ever would have attempted to do something like this with us. 
So tomorrow the boys leave for the deer lease and Avery and I have a few things planned while they are gone.  We'll all be back together on Thursday when we begin our 5 days of Christmas celebrations!  Tis the season...

No comments: